Members will strive to serve clients and candidates with honesty and with
integrity at all times
• Members shall make accurate claims concerning the services they
offer to clients and candidates.
• Members shall uphold the principle of fair play and be vigilant
against conduct which has the intent, capability or
effect of being deceptive.
• Members support the recruitment industry through co-operation
with clients, candidates and other businesses, who would
benefit from an ethical system.
• Members will honour all commitments and seek to resolve any disputes
in a fair and expeditious manner.
• Members acting for and on behalf of clients will put forward only
those candidates who are suitable for the position being offered.
• Members acting for and on behalf of candidates seeking temporary,
contract or permanent employment will supply the best possible
advice and have their best interests represented at all times.
• Members agree that details contained in advertisements are clearly
based on specifications taken from clients and any description
or terms and conditions offered are truly representative.
• Members also agree that no advertisement should contain material
that may cause any offence or be contrary to the Code of Advertising
Practice as laid down by the Advertising Practitioners Council.
• Members agree to obtain permission from a candidate before submitting
details to a client.
• Members agree to thoroughly brief all candidates accurately before
they attend an interview with a client.
• Members must make every effort to obtain appropriate training
in recruitment practice and give advice where necessary to
other IPRC Members and colleagues.
• Members agree to inform clients of any potential conflicts of
interest before attempting to fill a vacancy.
• Members will not act in a manner that will bring into disrepute
the Institute, its Members or the Recruitment Industry.
• Members are responsible for maintaining and upholding the high
standards and ethics of the Institute.
• Members will fully inform clients and candidates of any environmental,
safety or other hazard that may be detrimental to health and
• Members must comply with all the provisions of the Employment
Agencies Act including all legislation relating to equal
opportunities, health and safety, employment of disabled persons,
race relations, sexual discrimination, rehabilitation
of offenders and all aspects of the Labour Act.
• Members will comply with all aspects of law and legislation appertaining
to the recruitment industry and make available to candidates
and clients alike the benefit of that knowledge, so that neither is
being deprived of essential information and advice.
• Members agree that they will not approach a current employer for
a reference without the express permission of the candidate.
• Members taking up references on behalf of a client whether
it be for temporary workers contract or permanent positions
will do so only with prior permission.
• Members who obtain information supplied through a reference will
treat the information as confidential to the recruitment
Anyone applying for membership of the IPRC must
agree to upabide by the IPRC Code of Professional Conduct. Anyone who
is reported to the Institute for failing to maintain high standards will,
subject to the Council’s decision, have their membership revoked.